Search Bar

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Meringues

Hi,
The other day I made some easy meringues. Here is the recipe.


Ingredients.
4 Egg Whites
1 Cup Of Caster Or White Sugar.


Method.
Pre-heat oven to 100 degrees Celsius. Mix up egg whites in an electric mixer until soft peeks form. It will go bubbly at first but keep mixing until you can see the lines of the beaters or soft peeks are appearing continue mixing and very slowly add the sugar, a little at a time. If you add it too fast it won't work and it will make a mess. So just little bit a time sprinkling over the egg whites as they are mixing! When it is all mixed together get a spoon and just dollop the meringue onto a greased baking tray, you can also use baking paper. They don't have to be in any particular shape but you can do that if you like. I got about 12 or 13 dollops over the tray. Then put the meringues in the oven and check them about every five or ten minutes for 30 to 35 minutes or until very lightly golden. If they don't turn golden that's fine because you can eat them when they're white with a creamy bit in the centre. Once finished cooking turn of the oven and open the door slightly and leave them in there to cool completely! Once they are taken out they are delicious!
Hope you enjoy them!
Sorry I didn't get a picture to see how they turned out but they were eaten very quickly and I couldn't find my camera!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Thanks for having a look at my blog. Feel free to write a comment and follow me if you are not already a member! You can also send me an e-mail at myfuntimesathome@hotmail.com
Georgia! At My Fun Times At Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Be Sure To Check Out